Monday, March 1, 2010

Shashi Tharoor Saudi Arabia Controversy

I am overrating the issue as a controversy. Also giving an indirect publicity to BJP. What I loved most was the tweet "BJP apparently has demanded an explanation of Shashi Tharoor's remarks. Here, I say, take the Oxford English dictionary," from all twitter-ers. Had a good laugh before commenting on the issue.

It was funny to observe that both the BJP and the Communists have demanded explanations on his remarks. Let me tell you that it is quite absurd to say the least. I think the explanation demanded by the Communists was on a political front and their principles and perspectives on different nations including that of India.

Remember that even the Communists feel alien to me with the BRIC or at least the BRC wielding a strong clout over the other nations where Communism is predominant and the recent victim could be Nepal I believe and the long term victims are West Bengal and worse, Kerala. It is as much as India playing second fiddle to America or the claims that state as such.

The "not-so-greener-grass" (chuckles) on the other side could be termed a desert, if you know what I mean. Let us come back to the statements of the BJP. Is the BJP signing the attendance register after a rather well received budget by the UPA? I do not see anything close to their primary principles on their remark. Probably it seems to have been borrowed from their Communist counterparts.

Shashi Tharoor clever on his remarks

Shashi Tharoor's remarks come after Saudi Arabia condemned Pakistan for being a safe haven for terrorists. What I heard from Saudi Arabia was the voice of Barack Obama! America's external affairs strategies and latent views on Pakistan have been reflected on Saudi Arabia's remarks on Pakistan. Saudi Arabia was one of the strongest allies of Pakistan who supported Pakistan during their wars with India. Back then, America pampered Pakistan.

Now the scenario is totally different. Barack Obama won Presidency reiterating his stand on Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and the Middle East. There was an anti-incumbency factor against George Bush and the Republican stand point on various issues like Iraq.

Now only since a few hours before, Saudi Arabia and India have been talking on bilateral trade and other strategic partnerships. Now, are you able to understand the reasons why Shashi Tharoor made such remark? Or are you able to understand the true meaning of Shashi Tharoor's remarks? Shashi Tharoor made such a remark to send out a strong signal to Saudi for building strategic relationships and this will send shivers down the spine of Pakistan in losing out a long term support!

Pakistan has been writing its own fate by letting terrorists run its own government or due to its inability in handling the all powerful Taliban. Either way, Pakistan is in a state of despair and I pity Pakistan (though not the Government but the people).

Shashi Tharoor has been shrewd and clever as he always is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!