Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sachin Tendulkar vs Ricky Ponting

Ian Chappell and his beloved brother Greg Chappell once blatantly tried to end the genius's career by saying that Sachin was at the fag end of his career. Who had taken them seriously? Greg Chappell sensed that the reason behind Sachin Tendulkar's success was nothing but his opening the One Day innings.

He suggested that Sachin step down the order to make himself play better. It was because naturally lower order batsmen do not get much opportunities to score as top order batsmen do. The reason behind this is the seemingly outspoken and honestly commenting former cricketers tried to end the career of the genius for Ricky Ponting to beat all the records Sachin has made.

I personally do not match Sachin Tendulkar against Ricky Ponting. I do not feel any greatness on either side in doing that! But now Sachin Tendulkar has become the master! I hope Greg Chappell and Ian Chappell are available for one more round of interviews in India and some reporter puts forth this question!

It would be interesting to see what the two former greats will answer to this question!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!