Sunday, February 28, 2010

Budget 2010 - Positive

The Budget 2010 definitely creates a positive wave across the aam aadmi (common man) like me;) It is a very good move to reduce taxes and thereby increase the purchasing power of the Indian population which will reflect upon the GDP growth as well at the end of the year.

That will create even more of a positive sign. The increase in Petrol prices seem marginal though an additional price hike may be lurking. But somewhat have been mystified by why Congress has been trying to woo and coax the aam aadmi through hoops. The General Elections seem to be much far away to my knowledge and there is still time left to woo voters at the fourth or fifth year of the Congress's tenure.

The rice in Petrol prices has not come across as an internationally functional phenomenon but the wrath of the electorate still rages over it. The tax exemptions and concessions on direct taxes will not reach the aam aadmi agaain because most of the population do not even fall under the tax bracket with their annual income falling behind Rs. 1,60,000.

I would gleefully take disagreements on that. But to some, like if I were part of the taxable population of India, which I cannot be anyway due to my being a professional, I would believe certainly that the taxable population is more in number. If I were to belong to the other part of the public, I would feel that I have been exempted from the flurry of benefits to the so called "aam aadmi".

If I were to feel so as an "aam aadmi", I would never be able to achieve that feat under such instance, and I would crave to being the taxable population within which years pass by and I am no way closer to being taxed due to the new tax brackets that will tease me from a new checkpoint.

The never ending mirage continues for the de facto aam aadmi who is about his business not being aware of what the whole plethora of complex jargons imply (Even I cannot with some;)). He remains unaware of how the economy and the markets function.

Even this article is not dedicated to the aam aadmi, and this is not a communist response to the every single move of the government. I would myself never dare to express my own views on Communism to an ardent Communist. However, I was about to talk on different issues whilst being instinctively guided upon the state of aam aadmi.

Interesting to see that the auto junkies had the major price slashes last year between the third and the fourth quarter. That was very much indicative of the country's progress and the GDP. But the autos do not seem to be the government's favorite. Petrol prices are always the fate of every Indian.

To increase consumption through tax cuts is appreciable. The most appealing of all is the allocation for infrastructure whereby the stock prices and the job opportunities will spiral hugely upwards.

Any budget is always subjected to mixed reviews and the aam aadmi seems to be receptive as well as ignorant of the budget and its consequences. The unrest following a budget has hardly risen. This is a sign of the optimism people hold towards the functioning of the government and the economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!