Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spencer Tunick Nude Photographs

The Spencer Tunick seemed to me as more of a rebellion demonstration that had drawn significant attention of two eye-balls of each and everyone in the world groping for detailed specifications of the 5,200 nude human flesh. I tried to enlarge the photograph but could only have access to a long shot (sobs!)!

The 43 year old man has been into nude filming for long including a few documentaries. I wonder why a gay pride march is always associated with nudity or sex at least. While I will deal with Gay pride and sex later on, the "Mardi Gras" was noted this year on a very special event bringing attention to the gay and lesbian pride than the day.

They have been shot in various poses. "I want all couples to embrace and kiss, all friends to kiss and all strangers to do whatever they want," Tunick said as he directed the crowd. What does the last line mean? The nude pride was observed as an asexual event.

And one of the fellas said, "I thought it could be a bit awkward, but it's funny because when you're naked and everybody else is naked, you feel like you're dressed, because everybody looks the same." The above comment was given by some Steven Anglier, who wore a wig so he could stand out in the photo.

"It's really a weird experience because you think there could be something sexual behind, but there's not." Great things happen in this great world and this is one of them. I wonder if I would love to be part of it but I would surely love to take a peek!

But I quite might agree with the message that there might be no eroticism, exhibtionism or voyeurism in nudity but there is no denying of the fact that so much attention has been brought to it and one man takes the limelight who has taken to the profession of photographing nude people either by chance or choice.

I did not know of Mr. Spencer Tunick till today and today's mass nudity seems like a significant achievement to me! It is interesting to note that there are about 5200 to 7000 nude people available in a single city which might translate to a 100000 or more throughout the world.

Eagerly, I am awaiting him in India!

Inspiration:- http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/20100301/778/tod-getting-naked-for-art-at-the-sydney.html

website hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!