Saturday, May 29, 2010

Singam Movie - A great film to be entertained


Surprisingly, the movie Singam made me put all my critical faculties to rest. I wondered if my boss would spare me from my critic job for I became a mere fan enjoying the subtle as well as the literally loud acting of Surya. Singam directed by Hari, produced by Sun Pictures, and casting Surya and Anushka in the lead, is a commercial potpourri of romance, action, emotion etc.





Singam is surely a hit is my personal guess. It was surprising to see how the entire theater felt in unison that the film was a good film not giving any mixed feelings. This is a rare quality. My review of the film is on http://600024.com/singam-movie-review-–-the-tale-of-the-lion-and-the-beautiful-female-moth/


My review was mixed as the film gave me lesser satisfaction towards the end due to the climax which could have been well thought out. I look for the latent thoughts of the movie to write a review. This means that the impact of the movie is actually felt only after the movie watching experience. If you look at the experience you had in the theater, it gets negated.




Only the best of Masterpieces like Titanic and a few other films gave such a feeling. Though there is no (unfair) comparison, Singam's characters (Surya and Anoushka and a few other supporting cast) are definitely loved. Devi Sri Prasad's music is good enough for a commercial film, Director Hari has done a painstaking effort to make something different with a taut, neat, fast paced and well written screenplay. He has succeeded. Anoushka is scintillating. Vivek has done average.

Stunts are great and Priyan's Cinematography is good in patches. Read my review to know more:

http://600024.com/singam-movie-review-–-the-tale-of-the-lion-and-the-beautiful-female-moth/


website hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!