Sunday, May 30, 2010

Is the Thamizh Semmozhi song good enough? - How good is it?




Have you heard the Tamil Semmozhi song by AR Rahman? If so, you are the right person to say how good the song is. Think on the lines of Has AR Rahman done justice to such a song? Are 70 singers required for this Tamil Semmozhi song? Is that reflected on the quality of the World Classical Tamil Conference Thamizh Semmozhi song?

Think on these lines and also come up with new dimensions and analysis of the song. You can also rate the song in the scale of 10 or 5. Post your comments on the song and tell the world how good the World Classical Tamil Conference song is!


website hit counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com .

1 comment:

  1. Certain things I'd like to point out:

    1. I do not know why does an anthem for a World Classical Tamil Conference had to have a predominant western tinge/feel to it. Agreed, it should reach the masses, but, at the same time doesn't mean you can lose focus as to what needs to be conveyed.

    2. This sounds more like a carnatic fusion pop with heavy guitar riffs & opera style voices with minimal folk music where as it should have been otherwise.

    3. Tamizh had and has better lyricists than MK Karunanidhi and Vairamuthu.

    4. If the whole intention was to fuse western, classical & folk, I guess Ilayaraaja's Thiruvasagam was an outstanding example.

    5. Being an Indian and a strong willed Tamizhan myself, I didn't feel this song even comes close to giving an identity for Tamizh & Tamizhargals around the globe.

    6. This looks more like a Tamil Nadu tourist promo video to the world than anything about the language itself.

    Jai Hind / Vazhga Tamizh

    ReplyDelete

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!