Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My views on rationalism

Rationalism is not live and let live to be a norm of the hippie society nor is it a conditioning or regulating or moral system. To me, Rationalism is a 'no-belief' system. We don't have any beliefs and none of the beliefs takes us to conclusions.

If I were a communist, I'd be looked down. If I were a capitalist, I'd be criticised.

But to be rational doesn't mean to take those criticisms and be in neither. But, Beliefs tend to drag you to their view of the world and hence, to be away from it using rationalism. Everything is an illusion. All beliefs are illusions but the reality is that this world accomodates all views and supports it with logic and reason. This world is an arbitrary one and all the changes and evolution are arbitrary. We do have a struggle for existence in all sense of the phrase.

And this struggle is what that makes us to innovate and make living conditions better but also deteriorate and create chaos due to our limitations, or the limitations of the human mind. Because We're transient beings. And no one else is eternal as well.

For example, Rationalism doesn't say if sex is right or wrong. But it looks into WHAT'S SEX?
It takes no sides and nor is it biased towards our emotions to say sex is completely right. But if two people are willing to go for it, they can do so and not if only one alone is. Because Rationalism is considerate of the others' emotions too.

And about God it says God is not necessary for mankind and ultimately 'THE ALMIGHTY MAN' too has failed just like our Prime Minister 'MANMOHAN SINGH'. Even if somoene called God existed. And to me, He didn't exist. If he did, let him do so and I am agnostic. But I don't want him. And rationalism is not agnosticism too.

It's there towards mankind, for mankind and serves mankind.

And this view may have come of certain beliefs and systems. But It's of personal experiences, knowledge and what have been personally felt so far by me.

What do you think? Hope to get your responses soon.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!