Tuesday, August 5, 2008

My views on feminism

You know, I'd always been cynical of feminism like,'WHY FEMINISM?'. But I happened to read poems of a feminist poet and understood 'WHY FEMINISM'. Because I'd learned how women suffered in the MALE CHAUVINISTIC world. But still I'd say WHY FEMINISM? and why don't you simply liberate by doing what you want?

It's not always the vicious men who were against women. But those who are brought up with preconceived notions of FEMININITY were the major part of it. And also WOMEN who wanted to EXERCISE CONTROL AND REGULATE were part of this evil like MOTHER-IN-LAWS, MOTHERS and MOST WOMEN in general. What's needed is a little rationalism of knowing what's right and also what's ideal living.

If i were asking you,"DOES YOUR HUSBAND OR FATHER GIVE YOU FULL FREEDOM? DO THEY LET YOU GO FOR JOBS?". Most of the liberated women would say,"YES, MY HUSBAND GIVES ME ALL FREEDOM". 90% of you would say the same. And I'll ask you the 2nd question,"Is freedom given (by anybody to anyone)?".

If you have freedom, you don't need to seek permission at all. As long as it's given , it's not freedom at all. Instead, a situation where you simply share with your husband your idea of going to work and him appreciating the idea is the success of feminism.

This will bring intimacy and harmony in family relations and atmosphere. This is what we want to achieve. This is the success of feminist movements. Imagine such a liberation with the intimacy in family relations and a harmony in society among sexes.

Why not there's a 'SEXUAL SECULARISM' or SECULARISM OF SEXES' where we live in harmony along with the third gender, homosexuals etc. Women can bring this about.

But before that, first try to eliminate preconceived notions of what femininity is. Don't take someone's words for granted who says femininity is this, that etc.

I'll post more upon request. Looking for your response. Please provide me with the fuel of responses for me to have good mileage.

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE VIWES. I ADD AN EVENT WHEN RASSION PARLIAMENT WAS GOING TO PASS A RULE SAYING WOMEN SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHT AS MEN. THE WOMEN OPPOSED AND ASK FOR THE CORRECTION BOTH MEN AND WOMEN SHOULD HAVE EQUAL RIGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mukesh that was a very good comment! You noted a very good event! Thank you very much for replying! I thank unpretentious diva for her comments as well!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, this is a place to disagree with me! I know I am not perfect and not perfect more as a writer! I love to read those who disagree! Your voices are constantly heard by me! What you say will be listened to! I will personally and surely answer all your questions and responses!